11 December 2011

This is the start of something new

Today I picked up 12 pocket cloth diapers with inserts. This will be my first experience with cloth diapers and I am really excited to see how it goes. Because of living in Germany we are limited in how much trash we are allowed. Our trashcan is so small that we can only fit one 10 gallon bag in it and that trash only goes every other week. We go through so many disposable diapers that we can fill up half of that bag just in diapers, let alone food scraps and things like that. It would be wonderful if we didn't have diaper trash to worry about, and how do I do that? With cloth diapers of course!

We started using them this afternoon and I love the way my little Makenzie looks in these adorable diapers. Plus, these ones are super easy. An insert goes into the pocket of the diaper and it's what holds all of the fluid. The rest of the diaper is shaped similar to a disposable and closes with snaps. It is even adjustable so it should last her for quite a while. I think the best thing about them is that when we are done having kids, any of the diapers that are still in good condition can be sold, so we will get a partial return on our investment.

I am getting anxious to see how much I continue to like them over the next few weeks but I have a feeling that I will enjoy them quite a bit. Who knew I could be a "granola" mom. Yeah, I'm not too extreme but I guess I've got a little crunchiness in me after all. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment