Tomorrow we leave to finally return to America! It may only be for 24 days but I couldn't be happier about seeing everyone. We'll be spending 10 days with my husband's family and then driving to my family to spend 10 days with them. Then we have to try to catch a flight back to Germany, and although it will be sad to leave everyone, I am sure we will be ready to return to our calm lives here. I'll miss my pups a lot and I hope they behave for the sitter while we are gone.
Today has been the most busy day I have had in a VERY long time. I got to wake up early after barely getting any sleep. Took Makenzie to the doctor and found out that she is a shorty after all. Her growth spurts are only in weight and apparently the size of her head. She came in at 14.5 pounds, 24 inches long, and her head was 16 inches. That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight, 25th for height, and 90th for head size. When she was born she was in the 50th for weight, 95th for height, and 25th for head size. lol Guess she finally realized she shouldn't be tall since her daddy and I aren't.
After the doctor, I had to come home, pack up the dogs, and take my husband to work. I basically threw him out of the car and headed to the commissary to grab another bag of dog food and withdraw the cash so I could pay the sitter. So off to the sitter we go and of course I didn't trust my instincts and I got turned around. I figured out where I went wrong and go there about half an hour after I said I would be there. So of course she wasn't home because she had to pick up her own daughter from school. Finally she arrived and I got the dogs settled. While I set up their crates my "lovely" mutt, Keyush, decided to investigate the house. He is 2 years old and has yet to encounter a Christmas tree. Apparently the whole, tree in the house thing confused him and he tried to mark it. Luckily he had just gone to the bathroom outside so it wasn't much. But I still felt terrible and cleaned that up before I left to go back to the shop and get my husband. He needed to get the proper shoes for his blues since he somehow grabbed his suit shoes instead of his uniform ones. Once he was back at work I went to the post office and waited in line for 20 minutes to get a package.
Mind you, throughout all of this I have eaten NOTHING. Finally, everything is done and I get home at 5 at night. Yup, I was starving so after getting the last load of laundry going I cooked myself whatever I could scavenge from the fridge. And am enjoying it as we speak.
Since I will be so busy with my family I probably won't have time to get on and wish you all a Merry Christmas. So have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. See you when I get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment