09 December 2011

Dun Dun Duuuunnnn

After waiting for 5 days to hear back about my husband's leave request we find out that......it needs resubmitted! Somehow he managed to forget to put the city and state of where we are planning to go and the first two people didn't notice. It wasn't until the paperwork was with the MPF that someone caught on. Soooo, rather than just fixing the problem in at MPF and getting everything finalized he had to turn in all new paperwork and it has to go through the same people that already approved it before MPF will look at it again. Seriously frustrating because it is now less than 1 week from our planned departure date and we still don't know if we can go.

But to make sure all of our bases are covered I have been cleaning, packing, doing laundry, and setting up care for our dogs. This is all a big headache to be dealing with if we are stuck in Germany for Christmas. I'm not saying that I wouldn't enjoy spending my daughter's first Christmas as just the three of us in our own home, but I am dying to see my family. I want them to meet my daughter and I want to spend time with them since I haven't been back in over a year. I haven't even seen my in laws since my wedding, which was nearly a year and a half ago.

I guess I'll keep this one short, since I've got quite the fussy little girl on my hands tonight. But I needed to vent  a little of my frustrations with the bureaucracy of the military.

No comments:

Post a Comment