29 November 2011

Tis the season

I gotta say, for being the end of November I am so not in the Holiday spirit. I don't know if it's the lack of snow (or even cold weather) or if it's the uncertainty of what our Christmas plans will be. Our house has not a single Christmas decoration up and will probably not get a tree if things go as planned. We are waiting to find out if my husband's leave will get approved and it's only 2 weeks from the day his leave is set to begin. If we get leave we'll be going back to see our families and therefore find it silly to put up all of our decorations at home. If we don't get leave then we are staying here and will have to work quickly to make our home look festive. Maybe if I find some Christmas music to listen to I'll start feeling it more.

That being said, Christmas is my favorite time of year. Time to spend with family while celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Our family has another special thing to celebrate at this time of year as well, my younger brother's birthday. He has turned out to be a wonderful young man and I am proud to call him my brother. I really am hoping to get back to see him turn 20 years old. I am also hoping to be able to share my daughter's first Christmas with all of my loved ones. The suspense is what is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment