28 November 2011

Feel the burn

Today is the second day of my new workout routine. I started Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred yesterday and I gotta say, this is gonna be a rough 30 days. The workouts may only be 20 minutes long but the way they are set up, you definitely feel it by the end. But I don't care how difficult it might be because I am determined to lose the weight I gained while pregnant. Actually, I would be ok with losing more than that, but then again who wouldn't be ok with losing weight?

The best part about doing these workouts is that I am still in my own home and I hope that since my daughter watches me exercise that she will benefit from a good influence. Little by little we are getting rid of the junk food in this house and switching to healthy snacks. I'm not saying we will never indulge in a little ice cream or cookies, but I want there to be mostly healthy options available. Never again will we decide we want a snack and choose between chips, candy, brownies, or pretzels. Instead I want to offer things like granola, popcorn, fruit, or veggies as something to nosh on. 


Today has barely begun and I am feeling so accomplished. Maybe I'll keep the momentum going and finish cleaning the house. MAYBE

No comments:

Post a Comment